1. Give $25 to sponsor one backpack.
Donations are accepted year-round. To support students for the 2017-18 school year, please give by Friday, Aug. 4.
CSU Employees Can Give Through Payroll Deduction
- Credit card payments: CSU can accept donations using Mastercard, Visa or American Express online or by phone (970) 491-7135.
- Donations by check: Write your check out to “CSU Foundation” with a memo indicating “School is Cool” and mail it to: Colorado State University Foundation, P. O. Box 1870, Fort Collins, CO 80522-1870. If mailing checks from on-campus, mail to: Colorado State University Foundation, Campus Delivery 9100.
2. Check out the supply list and shop on your own.
Because supplies are purchased in high volume, we often are able to get items at costs lower than advertised sale prices. Our average cost to fill one backpack is $25, and that includes the bag! Some people prefer to shop on their own–they choose the grade, mark that grade on the filled backpack, and bring it to 222 Johnson Hall on Wednesday, Aug. 10, anytime between 9 a.m. and noon.
3. Become a Department Representative.
Volunteer to become a department, office, or college representative and devote only a few hours to this worthwhile cause. Department reps are essential to the success of this program. You’ll learn more about the program and receive materials and ideas for promoting School Is Cool to your co-workers and peers.
4. Volunteer your time.
Sign up to volunteer for a shift on August 8 – 10 to sort the supplies, stuff or deliver the packs. Because School Is Cool is considered an official University function, administrative and/or VIPS leave may be used with prior approval from your supervisor. We’d love to have your help!